Many Outlook users have reported receiving duplicate emails in their Outlook accounts. But the problem is that they don’t know why Outlook downloads duplicate emails and stop duplicate emails in Outlook. So here we present all the important ways to remove duplicates from Outlook.
So if we talk about why Outlook downloads duplicate emails, it happens when the user opens the option to leave email on the server. Because Outlook Mail Manager always tracks emails downloaded using the linked account. Apart from this, there are other reasons for duplicate emails in Outlook which are listed below:
- Incorrect settings in Outlook account
- Two copies simultaneously
- some third-party antivirus programs
What is a duplicate file?
Duplicate emails are unused items stored in Outlook mailboxes. Copies can be anything, such as emails, notifications, calendars, contacts, tasks, or attachments, which take up as much storage space as original mail items.
Most copies are advertisements, newsletters, press releases, offers for new projects, etc. are created. Other reasons for common features of Outlook are discussed below.
Why is it Important to Avoid Duplicate Emails in Outlook?
Outlook, as we know, is a great email client that is often used by small and large organizations to increase business activity. However, due to the balance of email in Outlook, users often face many consequences, such as:
- Less Memory: Duplicate items are one of the main Outlook memory problems. Duplicate items use the same location as the original emails and contacts. This can cause storage problems and as a result you may experience delays in incoming email.
- Decreased System Performance: When the number of items recycled in Outlook increases, Outlook performance starts to decrease and the system may experience freezing or freezing issues.
Fix File Malfunction: If you find similar items in Outlook, your stored emails may be damaged or sometimes you may encounter illegal mail files.
- Slow Program Sending / Receiving / Opening Process: If there is no free space, it can easily interrupt the process of opening / sending / receiving email and take too much time to work because of the equipment Outlook.
Manual Ways to Stop Duplicate Emails in Outlook
Now you understand why Outlook downloads duplicate emails. This section describes several ways to prevent email printing in Outlook.
#1. Disable any replicas left on the server
As mentioned above, you cannot prevent Outlook from downloading duplicate emails from your Outlook account unless you turn on Keep a copy of the message on the server.
Here are the steps to disable email replicas on your server:
- Open Outlook on your computer
- Click the File Options tab
- Now click on Info >> Account Settings
- Go to the Email tab
- Select your account and click Add location
- Now click on the Advanced tab and uncheck Keep a copy of the message on the server.
#2. Disable the policy if available
If you have a policy that moves the contents of your inbox to a temporary folder, disable the policy. If you’re using Outlook 2007 or later, you don’t need to delete email from your inbox, you just need to change the account settings. This will improve the email balance in Outlook.
#3. Turn off the Antivirus Email Scanning Option
Many antivirus programs scan email, which can cause this problem. Usually, if the message is large, the software can run the server and return a flag that identifies the message as read. Therefore, you will receive more messages.
If you want to solve the problem, just turn off email scanning in your antivirus software.
How to Stop Copying Emails in Outlook Inbox
The solution above is to avoid downloading duplicate emails from the Outlook account in the future. None of the above solutions will remove duplicate emails from Outlook if you already have a mailbox. In this section, we will show you some safe ways to easily delete emails from your Outlook account.
# Process 1. Avoid duplicate emails with cleaning tools
Well, Microsoft Outlook has a cleaner that you can use to deal with duplicate emails in Outlook. So let’s see how to remove duplicates from Outlook using this tool. Now follow the instructions below to run the cleaning tool.
- First, you need to start Microsoft Outlook
- Now select your mailbox folder
- Then select Home and then Clean
- Now select the options below.
- Delete Conversation: This option removes duplicate emails from the conversation section.
- Clean Folder: This option removes duplicate emails from the folder.
- Clean Folders and Subfolders: Remove duplicate folders and subfolders from this option.
- Now right-click on the Deleted Items folder and click on the empty space to delete the duplicate emails.
#Method 2. Automatic Way to Stop Duplicate Emails in Outlook
You can remove duplicate emails data in Outlook using the above solutions. However, if your inbox is already full of duplicate emails, Microsoft does not provide solutions to remove duplicates from Outlook. Therefore, in this case, professionals recommend that you try an automated Outlook Duplicates Remover Software to remove duplicate emails from Outlook. Because of this, the Outlook deduplication tool can easily delete all kinds of data objects from Outlook without data loss. And this deduplication tool removes duplicates from Outlook PST/OST/BAK files.
Complete Guide to Delete Multiple Duplicates Emails in MS Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013
- Download and Install Software
- Add Outlook PST files or folders in the software panel
- Select folders and copy criteria to remove duplicates
- Now select Actions to select the action you want to apply to the repeating element.
- Click Next to start the Start process
- Click the Remove Duplicates button to remove Outlook duplicates, and then click OK.
Many users experience email duplication issues in Outlook. That’s why in this article we explain why Outlook downloads duplicate emails and how to stop duplicate emails in Outlook. Additionally, we’ve covered ways to delete duplicate emails in Outlook.