A QuickBooks Script Error Code 0 is one of the most perplexing issues you could see while opening your QuickBooks company file. When a script issue occurs in QuickBooks, no information regarding the cause is given, and an unclear error message is displayed. If you are sick of receiving such obnoxious script error messages, we have listed the top 8 troubleshooting steps in this post that you may use to fix such scripting errors in QuickBooks. Follow the full post through to the conclusion to get all the information since in addition to the troubleshooting steps, we have also provided a detailed explanation of the QuickBooks Script problem and its causes.
If you are unfamiliar with how QuickBooks scripts function, attempting to fix the mistake on your own could result in irreversible data loss. Contacting Support at +1(-855)-738-0359 is the safest course of action for resolving a QuickBooks Script problem.
What does QuickBooks Desktop’s “Script Error” mean?
Script Error Message: An error has occurred on the script of this page Line: 7 Char: 561 Error: Unable to Get Property Length of Undefined or Null Reference Code:
NOTE: The QuickBooks Script Error Code 0 may have a different Line, Char, or URL.
The Causes of the QuickBooks Script Error Code
- There are various factors at play when a script error occurs in QuickBooks. However, the most typical reasons that have been observed in numerous consumer devices are those listed below:
- If QuickBooks’ script processing tools or functionalities are disabled, the error can appear.
- if the device has the script debugging element enabled.
- Such a problem may be caused by a damaged Windows user.
- The computing device’s previously made changes weren’t stored and double-checked.
- QuickBooks customers may experience issues when the data downloaded from the internet is not in sync with the script program.
How Can I Fix QuickBooks’ Script Error?
1 Step: Add Intuit as a Trusted Website in Internet Explorer as the first step.
Go to the Security tab in Internet Explorer by selecting the Settings menu.
- Add *Intuit.com to the list of trusted websites under the Trusted Sites section, then return to the Trusted Sites window.
- Now uncheck the box for Require server verification (https:).
- Unmark the Enable Protected Mode checkbox, then close the Trusted Sites window.
- Follow all the troubleshooting procedures listed below if you still encounter the scripting problem in QuickBooks after closing Internet Explorer and trying QuickBooks Desktop again.
Important: Read the article on How to Enable Script Debugging in Internet Explorer if you see the error message “Script Debugging is disabled.”
May Also Read: QuickBooks Keeps Crashing Unexpectedly
2 Step: Clear the Internet Explorer cache data.
- Go to the Browsing History section in Internet Explorer’s settings.
- Select History, Cookies, and Temporary Internet Files, then click Delete.
- Press the Delete key.
- Apply and OK after clicking.
3 Step: Run Internet Explorer in Compatibility View.
- Open Internet Explorer and select Tools from the Settings icon.
- The Compatibility View window will now open once you access the Compatibility View options.
- Mark the box that reads “Display all websites in compatibility view” with a checkmark.
- To preserve the changes, click Close.
4 Step: Turn off add-ons in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and choose Internet Options from the Tools menu.
- Click Manage Add-ons under the Programs tab.
- Select Disable from the bottom half of the screen by clicking the add-on right now.
- After selecting OK, close Internet Explorer.
5 Step: Clear Internet Explorer’s SSL Certificates
- Internet Options can be found by clicking the Gear symbol at the top of Internet Explorer.
- Click the Clear SSL State button under the Content tab.
- To save the changes, click OK.
6 Step: Set Internet Explorer as your default web browser
- Go to the Programs tab in Internet Explorer’s settings.
- Select the Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser checkbox and click the Make Default button.
7 Step: Disable the Script Error Notification feature in the browser’s settings.
- Click the Tool icon in the top-right corner of Internet Explorer once it is open.
- After selecting Internet Options, go to the Advanced tab.
- The checkbox next to “Display a notification about every script error” should be removed.
- By selecting OK, the settings are saved.
What happens if troubleshooting is unsuccessful in fixing the Internet Script Error Message
Try updating QuickBooks Desktop if you are still experiencing script errors when trying to access the company file. If this does not work, call us at +1(855)-738-0359 for quick assistance.
Visit The Blog Posting to read our other blogs provide by us