Looking for a solution to convert PNG to TGA on a Windows system? You don’t have to worry anymore. Everyone knows that the TGA or TARGA format is a format for describing bitmap image formats. It helps you to convert and save image file data on your system without any restrictions. But I’m sure most of you are stuck during the conversion process, right? It is normal. With that in mind, this blog will show you how to convert PNG images to TGA file format.
Reasons to Convert PNG Images to TGA Format
This section describes some issues that users may have when converting from PNG to TGA file format.
The TGA loads very fast, has a fairly small header, optional run-length encoding (compression), supports 16, 24, and 32-bit colors, and can be top-down or bottom-up. This can be very useful. TGA is popular because it seems easy to describe importers / exporters and has been the lowest common denominator of game engine usage, at least in the past. Truevision TGA, commonly referred to as TARGA, is a raster graphic file format created by Truevision Inc.
Manual Apporach to Convert PNG to TGA
- Open your Chrome browser and sign in to your Google Drive account
- Next, load the TGA image file into the drive
- Then right-click on the image and select the Google DOCS option from the Open with drop-down menu
- Then click File Options and select the TGA format from Export to Options
Manual Method Restrictions
Using the manual method for the conversion process has certain limitations and drawbacks.
- This method is very time consuming as the user has to repeat the same process over and over to convert multiple PNG to TGA.
- During the process, you are more likely to erase or corrupt your data.
- Users need technical knowledge to complete the conversion tasks.
Instant Solution to Convert PNG to TGA File Format
If you need a secure solution, SysTools Image Converter Software is the way to go. Helps you quickly convert PNG image files to TGA format. This is because it is compatible with all versions of Windows and provides a very simple graphical interface. This is the best application for batch conversion of images without file quality. It also gives you the option to add or merge multiple images in a file format. Before starting the conversion process, users can preview all the added images and manage the page size and page orientation. This utility is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 (32/64 bit) editions.
Save PNG as TGA File With Simple Steps
After launching the tool on your system, follow the steps below to save the PNG image as TGA.
- Install and Open the Application on your Windows system
- Add file or add folder to upload PNG image
- Select TGA in the Export Options dropdown
- Finally, click the Next button to start the process of converting the PNG images file to TGA. Users can see the running process in real time on the screen
Most Prominent Features of the Software
- Convert multiple PNG images directly to TGA.
- Provides batch conversion of PNG image files.
- Save the attachment in its original format as a separate folder.
- All folders and subfolder structures are preserved.
- The graphical interface is simple and straightforward.
- You can save the exported data to the desired location
- Trial version We provide a free trial version of the software features.
- This software ensures that your data migration is 100% secure.
- Resized images, or new sizes and dimensions assigned to PNG images, will not damage the image during the conversion process. This software has advanced mechanisms to maintain the quality of PNG images.
- Apply page setup to allow TGA to be extracted from the selected page
- Save the file format after the conversion process
- After successfully adding an image to the software panel, you will see two formatting options, “Move Up” and “Move Down”.
- One of the best features of this utility: Allows the user to set the number of images per sheet. This option is activated when you select Create one file for all images.
- Supports with all versions of the Windows operating system.
There is more to this software than just describing some of its benefits. For more information about toolkit features, then visit and download the wizard. If you want to try the free demo version first and export the PNG file to TGA format, try the demo version of the software and check the efficiency.
In the article above, we found two different solutions to convert PNG to TGA on Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, etc. However the manual method has some limitations so we would recommend using an automated solution which gives you lots of features that make it easy to change PNG image files to TGA format. You can try the demo version of this utility for better understanding.