If you want to split PST file by year? Are you looking for ways to split Outlook PST files by year? If Yes, then no need to worry! In this article, we are going to explain the multiple ways to break PST files by year.
As we all know, oversized PST files can be corrupted and cause data loss issues. And MS Outlook does not perform properly when PST files exceed the file size limit. So, stay with the blog till the end to know more multiple ways to split oversized PST files.
The Personal Storage Table file is commonly known as the PST file. PST file is an Outlook data file which saves emails, calendars, contacts, notes, and many more of the MS Outlook application. But, we all know that PST file has file size limitations for the different versions of MS Outlook recently. In 2019, 2016, 2013, PST files can easily store data up to 50GB size limit.
Why Do Users Need to Break PST Files by Year?
There are many reasons why users need to split PST file into year archives. Following are the step listed:-
- The performance and the speed of MS Outlook software slow down due to its oversized PST files.
- PST files have a chance to corrupt and lose the data issues.
- Therefore, users can’t access the data to PST files and cannot receive and send the new messages.
- To filter the Outlook files by Year, users need to split the oversized PST files.
Divide PST Files by Year | Automated Solution
Split PST into Multiple Files tool is one of the best utilities to split PST files by year. This software is a user-friendly interface to split up and break large sizes. It provides multiple features to divide Outlook PST files by year, date, folder, size. Therefore, users can easily and safely split PST files using automated tools. Let’s start the process step-by-step.
Instant Solution to Splitting PST Files by Yearly | Working Process
- First, Open “Split PST” software.
- Now, click on the “Add File(s)” and “Add Folder”(s).
- Add the specific year range, by using the “From” and “To” option. (i.e., 1999-2010, 2021-2022)
- It also offers multiple splitting options like date, email id, folder, size, and category.
- Then, click on the Next button.
- Finally, You have successfully Split PST files by Year.
Software Features for Split PST File into Year Archives
- Tool allows users to add single as well as multiple PST Files and Folders.
- It supports splitting PST files safely and securely into smaller parts.
- It also gives the option to split PST files by Year, email id, date, and so on.
- The utility allows users to divide PST files by the size of 1MB to 1TB to multiple smaller parts.
How to Split PST Files by Year? | Manually
Follow the below-mentioned steps to do the conversion process by using manual method:-
- First, Go to the File option and click on the Info button.
- Now, select the “clean up Tools” and click on the Archive button.
- Then, click on archive this folder and subfolders.
- Select one account or folder which you want to archive.
- After that, go to the Archive Items Older Than option and then select the year as per your need.
- Now, select the included items with “Do not AutoArchive” checked here.
- Finally, choose a desired location where you have to save the archive file and Click on the OK button.
Note: Users need to manually separate all the older items from the selected year. After this, split PST files into 2010 to 2011 by repeating the above steps.
Drawbacks of Manual Method
Therefore, users can use the above mentioned manual method but, there are some limitations to also perform the manual method.
- The chances of data loss is very high.
- Manually it is a lengthy and time-consuming method.
- For using the manual method users have technical skills.
- There is no integrity and security of data.
In the above blog, we have explained how to split PST files by year. Users can use any method according to their requirement to divide PST files by year. But as mentioned above, the manual method has some limitations. So, we have discussed the best solution to split PST files year by year in an easy and safe manner.