The QuickBooks desktop payroll error 12152 is a common payroll update error. It usually occurs when a user tries to download a payroll update and fails. Mainly, the hindrance in download is due to weak internet service is the primary cause of this error. In this blog post, we’ll discuss all the possible causes and solutions of QuickBooks update error 12152.
QuickBooks Payroll is an accounting software that’s very advanced. For accountants and business owners, it makes billing, invoicing, and bookkeeping a breeze. This article will explain the causes and possible solutions to QuickBooks error 120152. This software can be used to perform the following tasks:
- Monitoring sales and expenses
- Accepting and making payments
- Scanning receipts, and other documents
- Tax preparation
However, there are some issues that could hinder your ability to use this software effectively and affect your productivity. QuickBooks payroll error 12152 is a common error. An interrupted internet connection is one of the main reasons this error occurs. This error can cause you to have trouble connecting to the server. This QuickBooks error can be fixed.
Perform the troubleshooting error in the order as provided herein. Alternatively, you can also call our certified technicians for speedy solutions.
Note: You can talk with an expert to resolve your QuickBooks problems quickly. Toll-free +1-800-761-1787 is the number for our QuickBooks Live experts.
What’s Payroll Update Error code 12152?
QuickBooks Error 120152 is a common error that occurs when the Internet Connection configurations are not working properly. This makes it difficult for the software connect to the servers, and can cause problems with updates. Before you proceed to the solution to QuickBooks payroll error 12152, make sure that your Internet connection is working properly and allows you to connect to trusted websites.
Signs of Payroll Update Error 12152
- This error 12152 occurs when a program crashes dynamic windows
- Similar programs on your system cause the device to crash along with error 12152
- Error 12152 appears on a screen and this reacts when slowly to a mouse
- Sometimes, a user may find that their device freezes for a few seconds.
QuickBooks Error Code 12152: What’s Going on Here?
One or more of the following conditions may trigger QuickBooks error code 12152:
- Misconfigured internet settings
- Outdated version of QuickBooks
- QB program cannot recognize the license data.
- Error with Windows API keys
- Malware, Trojans, and viruses infection
- Corrupt Windows Registry
- Power outage or some other unforeseen event resulted in QuickBooks shutdown.
- Unknowingly, you may have purged a vital piece of company data.
Best Solutions for QuickBooks Error 12152
QuickBooks error message 12152 has many possible causes and symptoms. Now that we know what they are let’s discover how to fix them.
Method 1: Restore your System’s Internet Options
Updates from an incorrectly configured network or web browser might cause errors. You must follow the following procedures to fix the error –
- To open the Run prompt box, press and hold the Windows and E keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- Press the OK button after typing Control Panel into the search box.
- Navigate to the search field and type “Internet Options” into the box that appears.
- Once you’ve done this, an Internet Properties window will appear on the screen.
- Select the Restore Advanced Settings option under the Advanced tab.
- Wait a few seconds before pressing the OK button to undo all previous changes.
Finally, restart your computer to save the changes.
Method 2: Undo the Changes You’ve Made to Your Computer
The QuickBooks Payroll Error 12152 might appear after a software update, indicating that a flaw has been introduced into your system. The easiest method to deal with this is to do the following actions to restore your system:
- To log in, use your system administrator credentials.
- Access the Start menu’s “All Programs” option by clicking on the Windows icon.
- Additionally, go to the System Tools menu by selecting Accessories.
- System Restore is an option.
- After this, you’ll be presented with the option to “Restore my computer to an earlier time” on the screen.
- When ready to proceed, click the Next button and choose a restoration point.
- To display a company message, click Next one more.
- Allow the application to do its work by pressing Next one more time.
- Finally, do a system reboot to see whether QuickBooks error 12152 has been resolved.
Solution 3: Maximize the Benefits of the QuickBooks Clean Install Utility
Using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool in the QB tool center may resolve QuickBooks installation difficulties. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you go through the process:
- Select Uninstall a Program from the Programs and Features panel.
- Tap the Uninstall/Change option to remove QuickBooks from your device.
- Choose between Repair and Remove by pressing the Next button.
- After selecting Remove, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the removal process.
- Install the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub program, which you may find on Intuit’s website.
- Double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- QuickBooks Clean Install Tool may be launched by selecting Installation errors from the drop-down menu that appears.
- There is a delay before the tool can identify and fix the errors in your software and files.
- Restart your device after downloading and installing the necessary QuickBooks version.
We have listed information that was both accurate and useful in fixing the QuickBooks error code 12152. If you’ve tried everything listed here and are still seeing the same problem, it’s time for a more thorough investigation. If you need immediate assistance, call our QuickBooks payroll support team of trained professionals at 1-800-761-1787.