After the end of the pandemic, the eLearning industry witnessed a steady rise in popularity. The learners and the educators got the opportunity to connect via a digital medium and the former got the assistance to get their queries e-resolved or resolved through the medium of an active internet connection. This thereupon led to the revenue-generating capacity of the industry growing manifold and today the market size is predicted to become $70.55 billion by 2026. Therefore, if you are operating a traditional educational setup, then the time is right. This article is the perfect guide to assist in your journey.
Factors Responsible for Popularity of Education App
Through the aid of these attractive numbers below, you can gain insight into the overall lucrative nature of an education app.
- The online education market is predicted to earn profits of $350 billion by 2025.
- The eLearning market will witness a growth of $289 billion in 2024.
- The global eLearning market will witness revenues become $475.60 billion by 2027.
- The corporate eLearning market is predicted to witness a growth of $38.09 billion between the period 2020 to 2024.
I am sure looking at these numbers, you must be dazzled by the empowering capability that the app has for the education industry. Hence, it is mandatory to perform its development.
Doing so will allow the traditional education set up and the learners and educators to get access to the following advantages:
- Learn on the go through the convenience of a smartphone device.
- Engagement will remain to the maximum among learners for the topics.
- Allow educators to automate the way they perform attendance, check assignments, etc.
- Give the education sector the support to get clarity on the teachers’ and students’ interaction.
- The brand value will be enhanced for the education sector.
Unique Features to Include in Education App
- Subscription plans
- Test series and quiz subscription
- In-app chat or call
- Post questions and doubts
- Rating and Review
- Push notifications to boost the level of student interaction.
- Sort and answer queries
- Schedule live classes
- In-app chat or call
- View rating and review
Education Sector App
- Manage subjects and courses
- Manage learner’s & teacher’s profile
- Student information management
- Manage subscription prices
- Reports and analytics
How to Build an Education App? Steps to Follow
Follow these steps during education app development to ascertain your eLearning industry streamlines the way learning is provided to learners and the way communication takes place between the educator and the student.
Competitor research apart from thorough study on the app design is extremely crucial to understand how your education app should look like. Therefore, it is important you study the apps developed by your competitors. Also, get a grasp of the user’s interaction with those apps. These will go a long way in helping you to formulate the strategy you need to adopt in your education app development to ascertain the app’s success.
Ask yourself these questions while conducting research-
- What is the USP of my competitors?
- What are the features included in the app of my competitor?
- Are there any missing elements in their app and can their addition boost value for my solution?
- How do users interact with competitors’ solutions and how can I ascertain whether my solution will allow me to achieve it?
Use Appropriate Tech Stacks
To ascertain that the education app works robustly, you need to make sure that it has the right set of tech stacks used. This is one crucial area you need to place your focus on without fail. This will aid you to prevent incidents of crashes when users engage with the app thereby ensuring that they remain engaged with your solution for a long time.
- Swift for iOS/ Flutter / React Native
- Java for Android/ Flutter / React Native
- React.JS for Front-end
- Node.JS/Express.JS for Backend & API
- MongoDB for Database
- AWS for Server
- Twilio for Push Notifications
- PayPal, Braintree, EWallets, Stripe for Payments
Outsource Services to Education App Development Company
The last crucial step during the journey of building an eLearning app is to outsource the services to an education app development company. Despite the perks that businesses feel with getting app development in-house, there is an added flaw attached. The same is that the quality and costs may unnecessarily go up. Hence it is best you offshore these services.
Here are some techniques you can adopt to make sure you are connecting with the right partner-
- Visit GoodFirms and Clutch to find the best set of companies that specializes in education app development.
- Check the portfolio, tech stacks they use, client testimonials, etc.
- Connect with the company’s support professional to know the app development strategies.
- Perform app development
All these areas covered during education app development will ascertain your final solution will make learning interactive for learners. It will also give you a standout look from your competitors making you a source of encouragement for those who plan to give their traditional learning industry a digital base.
It is next important to place focus on the cost factor. This is because it is important for a startup to save on budget and keep its revenues in check.
How Much Does It Cost to Develop an Education App?
When you set out on the task to perform education app development, the approximate cost to develop an education app will be somewhere between $15,000 to $40,000.
Note here, that the price may vary based on factors such as-
- UI/UX design complexity
- App complexity
- Advanced features and functionalities
- Location of the developers or company
The education app has a multi-array of advantages for the educator and learner. It allows the former to learn as per flexibility and the latter to automate operations. It opens doors to a profitable eLearning empire. Hence, if operating a traditional learning empire, make sure you take the education app to your advantage now.