The interiors of the house are what make our house a home. Without interiors, our house will just be an empty space. The interiors of a person’s house basically define a person and his or her choices. Interiors are an art that we use to paint our homes. This art of interiors differs from one person to another in terms of shape, size, design and colour. So, what makes the interiors different in every house? The interiors in the house are just plain furniture, cabinets and shelves. What makes it different is the lamination that finishes the interior. For this, laminate sheets are used to give it a unique and better finish.
Structure of laminate sheets
Laminate sheets are made by binding two or more layers of materials. It is produced and available in all sorts of sizes, shapes and designs. You can choose from any of them according to your choice. If you don’t seem to like the available sheets, you can ask the manufacturing company to customize them for you.
Features of laminate sheets
The following features make the laminates sheets a good choice:
- Variety of designs.
- All shapes are available.
- It comes in all sizes.
- It offers sheets in all shades of colour.
- It is affordable and easy to maintain,
- It gives the solid material a beautiful and stylish finish.
Ten types of laminates and how & where to use them.
Now that you know what laminate sheets are and what effect it has. Here are some of the types of shades of laminate sheets available in the market and which interior suits the best:
- Decorative laminate: As the name suggests, decorative laminate consists of décor related shades. It comprises different colours, designs and textures. They add style and attractiveness to your interiors. It brings a luxurious look to your interiors. They can be used in interiors of living room shelves, kitchen cabinets, doors, your office cubicles and conference rooms.
- Matt laminate: These types of laminate are matt like and non-sticky. It doesn’t give a gloss since its matt. It works wonders in making marks and scratches on your interiors less noticeable. It can be efficiently used on floors, kitchen cabinets for those who want a matt finish, worktops and corporate areas.
- Glossy laminate: This laminate, unlike the matt laminate, gives a glossy and shiny finish to your interiors. It also makes your room look catchy and inviting. It is efficiently used in restaurants, spas and salons, hotels and the event industry.
- Metallic laminate: it gives a metallic look to your interiors and furniture. The best thing about metallic laminate is that it is durable and easy to clean. It makes maintenance easier. This type of laminate shade is used in commercial buildings, offices and showrooms. Some people like to add this laminate to their kitchen interiors as well.
- Solid colour laminates: This type of laminate consists of only one whole solid colour. It does not have any sort of style or prints added to it. It comes in all shades of solid colours. They are used on the top of kitchen counters and bathrooms.
- Leather laminate: As the name goes, this sheet gives your furniture or interiors a leather-look finish. They are widely used in sofas, cabinets and other furniture.
- Fire retardant laminates: These laminates are fire retardant and are used in areas that are prone to the occurrence of fire. They are made in such a way that they are able to resist fire and give makeovers without compromising the safety of the people. They are used in fire-prone areas like kitchens, office buildings, shopping malls, hospitals, banks, institutions and industries.
- Electrostatic Dissipative Laminates: Like the fire retardant laminates, electrostatic dissipative laminates are used in areas prone to electrostatic. It is made in such a way that it keeps dust and dirt particles away from the furniture or interiors and, in return, keeps the environment and surroundings clean. They are used in IT offices, hospitals, pharmaceutical labs, call centres and electronic industries.
- Outdoor UV laminates: These types of laminates are exterior laminates that protect the object from harmful UV rays. The outer area of your house also needs design and structures to add beauty to the house. Outdoor UV laminates are used in such outdoor structures. They are used in lawn chairs, swings, benches, doors and windows. These can also be used in the balcony areas of your house.
- Compact laminate: Compact laminate sheets are those sheets that are based on thickness. They have a thickness range from 3mm to 30mm. The thickness makes the sheets tough and increases their durability. It is used in wardrobes, lab benches, tables, wall panelling, ceilings and office furniture.
Pros of Laminate sheets
- Easy packaging and convenient for transportation to any place.
- Easy to install.
- Available in a wide range of options to choose from.
- It comes in shades of various hazardous resistant materials, which ensures the safety of your furniture and you.
- It is suitable for everyone from adults to children as it is an eco-friendly material and even protects from bacteria and dirt.
- Laminate sheets come at affordable prices and are cost-efficient.
With the abundant advantages of the laminate sheets, there is no doubt that they can improve the look and texture of your interiors. Many laminate manufacturers are coming up with different and better ideas to make this sheet an effective and reliable one, and CenturyLaminates is undoubtedly leading the pact as of now. They have been in the industry for a very long time and thus it’s the experience that speaks for itself.