Choosing a college for Pharmacy is not an easy task. Many colleges in India offer the Pharmacy course. So, how do you choose the best college for pharmacy in India? Here’s a list of the 10 best colleges for Pharmacy in India.
These colleges have excellent infrastructure and provide top-notch education to their students. So, if you are looking for a career in pharmacy, then these colleges are worth considering!
1. What pharmacy course in India offers
Pharmacy courses in India offer students the opportunity to learn about the legal and ethical regulation of drugs, as well as the scientific principles behind their development and production.
These courses also provide students with the skills necessary to dispense medications and advise patients on the proper use of prescription drugs.
In addition, pharmacy courses in India prepare students for careers in research, sales, and marketing, as well as managerial positions in both the public and private sectors.
As the demand for qualified pharmacists continues to grow, those who complete pharmacy courses in India will be well-positioned to take advantage of this growing industry.
2. The duration of the course
Pharmacy courses typically last four years, with the first two years focuse on Pre-pharmacy studies.
These courses cover basic sciences such as biology and chemistry, allowing students to develop the skills and knowledge require for pharmacy school.
The last two years of pharmacy school are typically devoted to clinical studies, where students learn how to dispense medication and provide patient care.
In addition to completing pharmacy school, many states also require pharmacy technicians to complete an internship or residency program.
This hands-on training allows pharmacy technicians to gain the experience necessary to work independently and provide quality patient care.
3. Top 10 best colleges offering Pharmacy courses in India
Choosing the right college to study Pharmacy can be a daunting task, especially with a large number of options available in India. To help you make a decision, we’ve compiled a list of the 10 Best colleges for Pharmacy in India.
- Satyam Institute of Engineering & Technology: Satyam Institute of Engineering & Technology are design to provide job-oriented, market-driven Courses in addition to Certified education curricula. We groom professionals that can cater to the pressure of dynamically progressive Market Forces and extremely fast-moving techno-logical needs.
2. Jamia Hamdard University, Delhi: Offering both undergraduate and postgraduate Pharmacy courses, Jamia Hamdard is one of the leading names in the field. The university has well-equipped laboratories and experience faculty members, providing students with all the resources they need to succee.
3. Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh: Another reputed university offering Pharmacy courses, Aligarh Muslim University is located in the historic city of Aligarh. The university offers both undergraduate and postgraduate Pharmacy courses, giving students ample opportunity to pursue their studies.
4. Karnataka College of Pharmacy, Karnataka: Karnataka College of Pharmacy is one of the leading colleges in India offering Pharmacy courses.
The college offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses, ensuring that students have all the resources they need to succe.
5. Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Maharashtra: Located in the city of Karad, Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences is another excellent choice for those looking to study Pharmacy in India. The institute offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses, making it a great option for students of all levels.
6. KJ Somaiya College of Pharmacy, Maharashtra: KJ Somaiya College of Pharmacy is locate in the city of Mumbai and offers both undergraduate and postgraduate Pharmacy courses. With experience faculty members and well-equipped laboratories, the college provides students with everything they need to succeed.
7. Madras Medical College, Tamil Nadu: Madras Medical College is one of the oldest colleges offering Pharmacy course in India. The college offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses, making it a great choice for students looking to pursue their studies.
8. National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Punjab: National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research is an excellent choice for those looking to study Pharmacy in India. The institute offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses, ensuring that students have all the resources they need to succeed.
9. Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad, Telangana: Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad is another leading name when it comes to studying pharmacy in India. The university offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in pharmacy, making it a great option for students looking to further their studies.
10. Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal: Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences is one of the most reputed colleges offering pharmacy courses in India. The college offers various undergraduate as well as postgraduate programs which makes it an ideal choice for students willing to study pharmacy.
4. Eligibility for the course
In India, pharmacy courses are offered at both the undergraduate (UG) and graduate (PG) levels. To be eligible for admission to pharmacy courses at the UG level, students must have completed Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subjects.
Admission to pharmacy courses at the PG level is based on the candidate’s performance in an entrance exam. The eligibility criteria for pharmacy entrance exams vary from one university to another.
Students who wish to pursue a career in pharmacy can check the eligibility criteria for various pharmacy courses in India before applying for admission.
5. Fee structure for the course
Pharmacy course in India are very popular and are chosen by a lot of students every year. These courses are mainly of two types- diploma and degree.
The fee structure for pharmacy courses in India is different for both diploma and degree courses. pharmacy courses fee for a diploma course is generally low as compared to that of a degree course. Pharmacy courses in India are either full-time or part-time.
The duration of pharmacy courses may also vary from one institute to another. Pharmacy courses are mostly job oriented and most of the institutes offer good placements. Pharmacy courses offer good career prospects and hence, the fee structure is worth it.
6. Course modules
Course modules for the pharmacy course are designed to give students a broad understanding of the pharmaceutical sciences, as well as the professional skills require to practice as a pharmacist.
The course is divided into three parts: theoretical, clinical, and research. The first two years of the course are devoted to theory, while the latter two years are focuse on clinical training and research.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to sit for the All Indian Council for Technical Education (AICTE) examination, which is necessary for registration as a pharmacist.
7. Placements and job opportunities post-graduation
After graduation, many pharmacy students go on to work in hospitals or clinics. Others find jobs in the pharmaceutical industry, working as sales representatives or research scientists. Still, others open their pharmacies.
No matter what path they choose, most pharmacists find that their training is valuable and that they can use their skills to make a difference in the lives of their patients.
Pharmacists who work in hospitals help to dispense medications and provide guidance to patients about how to take them safely and effectively.
Those who work in the pharmaceutical industry may be involve in the development of new drugs or the marketing of existing ones.
And those who run their pharmacies often have the opportunity to build close relationships with their patients and play a role in promoting good health in their communities.
Regardless of which career path they choose, pharmacists can be confident that they have chosen a profession that offers many opportunities for growth and satisfaction.
Pharmacy course in India are three years long and can be pursue after completing Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects.
Admission to pharmacy colleges is done base on entrance exams such as NEET-UG. The course fee for B.Pharm in India ranges from INR 10,000 to 4 Lacs per annum.
After completing a Pharmacy course, graduates can practice as a pharmacist or work in various other fields such as teaching, hospital administration, sales & marketing, research & development, etc.